Global Leaders in
ACSI has been producing the highest performing cyclotrons in the world for more than 30 years—but our history dates back to the 1970s.
A long history of professional expertise
ACSI has been in business for over 25 years, backed by our affiliated company EBCO Industries, which is one of Canada’s largest manufacturing facilities with over 60 years of manufacturing expertise.
In 1979 EBCO was contracted to help build a 500 MeV cyclotron at TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility, Canada’s National Laboratory for Particle and Nuclear Physics). Out of that relationship came the technological transfer, and then subsequent commercialization, of TRIUMF’s technology in 1989. Advanced Cyclotron Systems Inc. was then formed to develop, promote and sell cyclotrons to the nuclear medicine community. ACSI continues to build on this expertise and is committed to the technological advancements in the industry with on-going research and development of cyclotron systems and targetry.
We are proud to be a world leader in the cyclotron industry. We strive to manufacture superior products and lead the way in research and development.
- 1987 – The first TR-30 cyclotron for Nordion was commissioned (and is still in operation!).
- 1989 – The first TR-19 cyclotron was commissioned for TRIUMF. This was the first commercial PET cyclotron offering unmatched flexibility of truly variable energy, still only available from ACSI.
- 2003 – The first 300 μA TR-19 cyclotron, setting the benchmark for PET cyclotron industry, was brought to market. It took ACSI competitors another 15 years to develop a cyclotron with similar parameters.
- 2005 – A TR-30 cyclotron, operating at 1200 μA in 24/7 commercial production setting, was put into operation. Its performance and reliability had not yet been achieved by ACSI competitors.
- 2007 – TR-30 cyclotron system reaches 1600 μA current output
- 2009 – ACSI pioneers commercial high-scale production of Tc-99m using medium energy cyclotrons.
- 2010-2012 — ACSI develops and commissions the TR-24, a unique cyclotron that sets new industry standards for versatility, performance, and cost-effectiveness.
- 2014 — In collaboration with Canadian research labs and Universities, ACSI establishes first pilot facilities that demonstrate high-scale cyclotron production of Tc-99m.
- 2016 — ACSI installs the first TR-Flex cyclotron, which combines the size of a PET cyclotron with the capacity of a 30 MeV commercial cyclotron. It has the highest energy range in the industry.
- TR-19 cyclotrons
- TR-24 cyclotrons
- TR-FLEX cyclotrons
- TR-30 cyclotrons
- Service Centers
Outstanding Service and Innovation
Our dedicated team of professionals, scientists, and engineers are proud to deliver quality workmanship, on-time delivery, and outstanding services worldwide. ACSI’s team includes experts on every area of cyclotron and targets design and manufacturing, recruited from all over the world. Many of our employees have been with the company for over 10, 15 and even 20 years.
ACSI’s experts also provide our customers with the necessary training to operate and maintain their cyclotron systems. Factory and on-site training are included with the purchase of any of our cyclotrons, at no additional cost. We also offer annual training workshops on cyclotron theory, design and operation.